All moving media skimmers use motors to move the belt, tube, disk, etc. While many are designed with standard, industrially rated, continuous-duty motors and also may use fully enclosed speed reducing drives, some can be specified with a number of motor options. These may include:
- Any common voltage or electrical requirement
- Explosion proof
- Drip proof
- Dirty conditions duty
- Food service duty
- Water wash-down duty
Consider also any optional equipment that may be available with the skimmer you are evaluating. Accessories allow customized systems that can ease installation and optimize performance. Some of the more common options include:
- Special Drive Components. Tail Pulleys can help improve removal rates by stabilizing belt assemblies in the fluid. Yoke-and tether assemblies help prevent pulley loss due to human error or belt breakage.
- Mounting Stands and Adapters. These include pre-engineered mounting stands for easier installation. Models also are available for pits, walls and free-standing units.
- Shelters/ Enclosures. Reinforced poly-shelters and below-grade enclosures provide protection from the elements.
- Controls/Accessories. A float switch and warning light can be used to monitor fluid level in the oil collection drum, which helps prevent overflow. Other options include a timer, control panel, variable speed drive and power packs.
- Concentrator. Generally, the ratio of water to oil decreases with thicker films of floating oil and slower moving pick-up media. A concentrator or decanter installed at the skimmer discharge port provides secondary oil/water separation that can reduce water content to nearly zero.
- Heaters. Many skimmers can be ordered with heating devices to keep skimmed product fluid in cold environments.
To learn more about oil skimmers, please contact our experts at 440-543-7400 or visit our website: www.abanaki.com
How to Skim Oil from Coolant Using Tube Skimmer
A tube oil skimmer can be used on machining centers with little or no access to the coolant sump from above. Plus, a tube oil skimmer can remove oil from chip conveyors or enclosed machining centers.